Skip to content
- Permissions (8:23)
- Drupal provides permissions on a role (group). Users are assigned to a role. To view and edit permissions when logged in as admin, go to “People” menu in the black menu list at the top of the webpage. This will show you all the users. There is a “Permissions” tab that lets you decide what each user role can do.
- Structure (12:54)
- Ingest Methods (18:12)
- Three types of ingest methods are discussed: Individual ingest (via the web, with a 2GB file limit), batch ingest (zip files uploaded via the web, with a 2GB file limit), and command line (done by writing and testing scripts, for larger sets). Goes through how to do each of these, particularly for the web based ones, where the process is demonstrated.
- Customize Display of Your Record (36:56)
- This is shown by example.
- Discovery Settings (43:18)
- How to configure search. Basic search is out of the box, but also goes into configuring modules for collection search, advanced search, and others.
- Access Controls (50:26)
- Discusses three methods for applying embargoes or restrictions: XACML Security Policy Editor, Scholar Embargo, IP Embargo.
- Questions (54:50)
- Is it possible to restrict the editing of objects? (54:58)
- Do you have to know a lot about the data streams for the restrictions on the data stream level? (56:40)
- Can we set up a sandbox to use until we are comfortable using Islandora? (57:58) We have Lagoon, so this is not necessary.
- Is there the ability to batch edit metadata? For example, to clean up data to conform to a controlled vocabulary. (59:50)
- Can one object be associated with multiple objects? (1:01:05)