Skip to content
Basic Contact Information
Who may contact the Hub?
- In general the library system admin should contact the Hub. Library ERC admins are encouraged to contact the Hub with patron authentication issues.
- In a system-down emergency, other library staff may contact the Hub, but please notify your library system admin.
What is the best method for contacting the Hub if the issue is not critical?
- Open an OSTicket. We are notified when an OSTicket is created. Ticket owners are then notified when there are updates.
Are there other methods of contact?
- Email the hub.
- Call the hub at 717-477-1494. If we do not answer then please leave a detailed message including your name, contact number, and a thorough explanation of the issue. The Hub will be alerted that there is a voice mail message.
What should we do if there is a critical issue?
- For critical or emergency system down issues anytime (during or after business hours):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “emergency” or “critical” in the subject. The alert will be SMS’ed to the Hub team.
- If you don’t hear from anyone within 10 minutes then call the Hub at 717-477-1494 and leave a detailed message AND then call Shippensburg University Police, 717-477-1444. Tell them that would like the KLN Hub contacted, tell them your name, contact number, and a brief description of the critical issue.
What constitutes a critical issue?
- A production system is down or severely impaired. One student/patron not being able to access resources through remote patron authentication probably doesn’t constitute a critical issue. Of course, if no patrons can access library resources remotely then that absolutely is a critical issue.
How can we be sure the issue is a Hub issue and not a campus or Internet provider issue?
- Can you browse to http://proxy-dixon.klnpa.org?
- If proxy-dixon.klnpa.org didn’t return the login page OR if pilot.klnpa.org did not return the pilot home page then the Hub has a problem. Please let us know.
- If neither work then try the same links from your phone (with Wi-Fi off TEMPORARILY).
- If both links succeed from your phone then there is a local (campus) issue.
- If both links fail then there is likely an Internet provider issue or a Hub network issue. Please let us know.