- Islandora Configuration (1:25)
- When you log is as an administrator, all of the Islandora configuration options are available under the Islandora section along the top menu. Most of the things here, you want to set up initially, preferably before the site is up and running. The main thing here is the Solution Pack Configuration. This is where you set up the ability to view, ingest, and work with different types of content. Changing things here after the site is up can change how packs function and what information is stored for different content. Thus changing things midway can ruin consistency.
- Users and Roles (11:16)
- The next configuration level deals with users and roles. These configuration options are found under the People section on the top menu. User accounts work on the side such that user accounts are tied to people and they are then linked to a series of roles that allow the person to do certain things. There are a few users and roles which are specific to Drupal, such as the anonymous user and role.
- Solar (25:34)
- Playing with the Solar index is the next level of configuration. The way Solar works is that every single object that we have in the repository has an identifier and information about it. So anytime you ingest an object or make any changes to objects in your repository, Islandora turns as much information about the object as it can into a document that Solar understands. Solar then uses that document to make a searchable version of the object. They then go into grand detail about Solar settings.
- Questions (55:53)
- What is the most popular book viewer and what are the pros and cons of the different options? (55:53)
- What team is being used to create the nice search results options bar with icons? (58:52)
- How did your name example display last name, first name? Is it due to selecting the specific mods name partner chosen? Mine is displaying in name direct order. (59:45)